Wednesday 11 June 2014

The Way Ahead

I have been researching the men and women of faith in both World Wars for the past eight years.  In that time I have clocked up thousands of driving miles, spent nearly £8,000 in course fees and hundreds of pounds on books.  All this has been self-funded whilst working full-time in education.

In order to finish the project and submit a PhD thesis which can then be turned into a book and perhaps more I need a further £8,000 for university fees and further funding to travel to interview the dwindling band of WW2 veterans to record for posterity their stories of faith in wartime.  My supervisor has told me that this is valuable and ground-breaking work and there's definitely a book (or two!) in there. 

If anyone is able to contribute any sum, please get in touch (johnbroom@aol.com).  Or if anyone would like to invest into a share of any future publication royalties I would love to discuss it.

Anonymous donations can be made to Halifax acc: Sort code 111271, Account number 00095755

No comments:

Post a Comment