Tuesday 20 May 2014

Onwards with Onward Christian Soldiers

The other big news today is that I had to go and sit before a `Progression Panel' at the University of Birmingham.  The purpose of the panel, made up of three leading academics from the Department of History, was to assess my progress to date and comment on my suitability to progress to work at Doctoral level for the next four years.  Fortunately they passed me, although not after some very challenging and thought-provoking questions.

So all I have to do now is to come up with an 80,000 thesis (not a problem; in fact the only problem is limiting myself to 80,000 words) and an extra £9,000 in course fees.

Therefore if any readers of this blog know of any organisation or individual with an interest in war and religion who would be able to sponsor me for some of those fees, I would be keen to hear from them.  If anyone wanted to make a direct donation, anonymous or otherwise, then the account I have set up for this work is:-

Halifax Bank

Account name: John Broom

Account Number: 00095755

Sort Code: 001271

There is a story of war and religion in the twentieth century needing to be told.  I intend, with the assistance of providence, to tell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment